Be ready for Connecticut’s harsh winter weather by contracting your commercial or residential snow removal with Affordable Landscape and Tree Services of Hamden, CT. Affordable Landscape and Tree Services offers snow plowing, snow removal and salting services for residential and commercial customers throughout New haven and Fairfield counties and beyond in Connecticut. With our professional grade equipment, we will clear your driveway, sidewalk, or parking lot quickly and efficiently. We also offer a variety of ice control applications for your property. You can contact us for prompt and dependable service to your home or business when you are in need of snow removal, even in the midst of the most unfavorable weather.
There are many advantages of hiring a professional snow plowing services company to remove snow from your residential or commercial property. You will be saving time and energy that can be used to focus on more imperative matters. Whether you need to focus more of your time on work or just would like more time to spend relaxing with your family, you can rest assured that if you hire Affordable Landscape and Tree Services for your snow removal needs, that you the job will be completed in a professional and timely manner.
Another issue to consider is the possibility of injury that can occur while shoveling snow on your property. One of the top ways that people get injured during the winter season is by repeatedly shoveling heavy snow, which can commonly lead to back problems as well as other bodily aches and pains. Furthermore, shoveling snow and even pushing a heavy snow blower, can cause sudden increase in blood pressure and heart rate, and the cold air can cause constriction of the blood vessel and decrease oxygen to the heart. All these issues will lead to increasing the work of the heart and trigger a potentially fatal heart attack.
This winter, you should consider hiring the snow plowing professionals at Affordable Landscape and Tree Services to remove the snow and ice that will potentially blanket your commercial or residential property. Our snow and ice removal services can be utilized to clear out all types of residential and commercial properties including:
- Parking lots
- Shopping centers
- Condominium and Apartment Parking Areas
- Church Parking Lots
- Removal of snow from driveways and sidewalks
- Salting of driveways and sidewalks
- Private drives
Affordable Landscaping & Tree Service LLC. offers snow removal removal services to the following towns and surrounding areas in Connecticut: Hamden, New Haven, West Haven, Woodbridge, Guilford, Orange, Milford, Fairfield, Stamford, Westport, New Canaan. Contact us today for a FREE Consultation!
The cold Winter months can put an major strain on your Connecticut lawn, especially if there has been a large amount of snowfall and your grass has been covered for months. The effects of Winter are most often seen in Spring when a lawn is slow to recover, or in worst cases – the lawn actually dies off from the Winter cold. Performing lawn winterization services is an important part of lawn care that must begin during the Fall season. During the hot and humid Summer months, many Connecticut lawns will undergo a recessing period as a way to protect itself from the heat, which makes the Fall season the best time to restore any damages that may have occurred during the Summer.
The goal of winterizing your lawn is to create the most healthy environment possible for your lawn in the Fall season, so it can combat the Winter cold and have a chance to successfully recover in the Spring season. The landscape professionals at Affordable Landscape and Tree Services have complied a list of tips on winterizing your property.
- Begin winterization in the Fall: Now that the cool days and nights of the Fall season have begun, it is time to begin the winterization process. The earlier you begin preparing your lawn, the more nutrients your grass and plants will receive during the Winter and the more healthy it will appear in the Spring.
- Aerate your lawn: Fall is the optimum time to begin lawn aeration. During the Summer, you lawn will typically receive much more foot traffic which can cause your grass to become quite damaged. The process of lawn aeration entails the disposal of plugs of soil, thatch and turf from the lawns surface. This will allow oxygen to absorb into the thatch layer and into the soil.
- Rake leaves, remove tree limbs and debris: In the dreary Connecticut winter season, it is extremely important that your lawn receives as much sunlight as possible in order to stay healthy. The additional leave and debris that can accumulate during the Fall season can cause your lawn to be smothered. It is recommended that you removal all leaves and debris and continue to mow your lawn to the point where frost will begin to appear.
- Overseed your lawn: You can repair damage spots by reseeding the areas of your lawn. The Fall season is the perfect time to overseed because there is typically a good amount of rain and the temperature is warm enough to allow the seed to germinate. By planting grass in the Fall, you will be allowing the grass to establish itself before the cold weather appears. If you got a late start on reseeding, it is still possible for you to plant your seeds because the seeds will go dormant so the snow will not hurt them. When the snow melts the seeds will begin to germinate and flourish in the Spring.
- Water your Lawn: Watering your lawn for the entire duration of the Fall season will ensure that your grass and shrubs will retain the proper amount of water to survive the Winter months. When the freezing weather arrives, it is important to remember to drain your irrigation system and close of your outdoor faucet to prevent your pipes from bursting. You must also place your hose and sprinkler systems into storage.
We hope that you have found these lawn winterization tips helpful. Remember that the sooner you begin the winterization process for your lawn, the greater results you will receive for your lawn in the Spring. We understand that the Fall season can be an extremely busy time for families in Connecticut, so we want you to know that you can turn to the landscaping professionals at Affordable Landscape and Tree Services to take care of your property this fall and ensure an absolutely beautiful lawn in the spring. Feel free to contact us at anytime for a free consultation at 203-287-8894.
Affordable Landscaping & Tree Service LLC. offers landscaping and property maintenance services to the following towns and surrounding areas in Connecticut: Hamden, New Haven, West Haven, Woodbridge, Guilford, Orange, Milford, Fairfield, Stamford, Westport, New Canaan. Contact us today for a FREE Consultation!